A step is being taken towards helping with the enormous need of providing safe water in areas where most of the wells are impacted with high levels of arsenic.
A small group of former MCCers who used to work in southern Bangladesh are working together to help set up a project to provide clean water to a heavily impacted area.
We are working with a Christian NGO on an initial 3-year project, in a rural township in one of the worst impacted areas of the country. Total cost is expected to be approximatley $80,000 for the entire three year period of the project.
Components of the Project
Well Water Testing
Subdized Household Filters
• Go to https://www.simusa.org/give
• Under ‘I want to support a specific SIM worker or project’ type ‘arsenic’ • • • Select ‘Arsenic Awareness & Alleviation Program – Bangladesh’
• Under ‘Notes’ type in ‘Expansion Support’
• Select your contribution amount
• If desired, check ‘make this an ongoing monthly gift’
• Fill in payment details & your info, then click ‘submit donation’
Or send a check made out to SIM to: SIM, 14830 Choate Circle, Charlotte, NC 28273. Write “project #098335 expansion support” on the memo line.
SIM USA: 1-704-588-4300 if need support
• Go to https://www.sim.ca/donate
• Click on ‘Search Projects’
• In the search box, type ‘arsenic’
• Select ‘arsenic awareness and alleviation program’
• Enter donation amount & click ‘add to basket’
• Check ‘Recurring’ if you want to make a monthly donation
• Click ‘+Add instructions to the finance office’; type ‘expansion support’ in the box & click OK
• Fill in payment & billing info; then click ‘process gift’
Or send a check made out to SIM to:
SIM, 10 Huntingdale Blvd., Scarborough, ON M1W 2S5. Write “project #098335 expansion support” on the memo line.
SIM Canada: 1-800-294-6918 if need support
Donations are tax deductible in each country if appropriate instructions are followed.